1.6 problem

I just upgraded to 1.6 and thought I’d try exporting a .pdf file and reimporting it to see if the performance increased. I’m unable to import any .pdf files into 1.6. I had selected “use textlightning” which I have and it keeps defaulting back to “use text to pdf” Any suggestions? :’(

I had the same problem. I selected ‘use TextLighning’ and nothing happened when I dragged a PDF file into DEVONthink.

I noticed that in Preferences ‘Import’ the checkbox for PDF was unchecked. I checked it, and then was able to import a PDF file. But ONLY as plain text – the preferences always revert to ‘use TextToPDF’. I do have TextLightning and been using it with DT in the past.

This isn’t a major problem for me, but does seem to be a bug.

Thanks. I tried checking convert to plain text (which would not be a solution for me) and it still won’t import a pdf file. I’m glad I’m not the only one experiencing it. Although it’s hard to believe nobody caught this before 1.6 was released. . .

It’s a bug of the english localization that TextLightning can’t be used. But to import PDF documents, open the preferences panel, switch to the "Import" tab and activate the checkbox "PDF documents" under "Files".

I have the same problem. absolut no pdf file can be imported! ???

:slight_smile: Selecting pdf under the import preference tab took care of my problem. It  must either be a new preference or it got unselected when I updated. Thanks  for the  tip. Is textlighning use coming back?

It’s a new preference. And the localization bug related to TextLightning has been fixed, there’s a new archive available (same download link) containing DT 1.6a.

"I checked it, and then was able to import a PDF file. But ONLY as plain text – the preferences always revert to ‘use TextToPDF’. I do have TextLightning and been using it with DT in the past. "

“It’s a new preference. And the localization bug related to TextLightning has been fixed, there’s a new archive available (same download link) containing DT 1.6a.”

I downloaded 1.6a yesterday. PDF files still don’t convert to any readable/indexable format. But now the “Use TextLightning” preference does remain selected, even though it doesn’t work!

As of 6a I can import PDFs the same as before - no more problems.

Could you send us your preferences (com.devon-technologies.think.plist) and additional information like version of TextLightning and where it is installed? Thanks.