2Do Integration Script

Does anyone have a script that they can share for 2Do DTP3 integration?

There is no AppleScript support in the 2Do app.

https://www.2doapp.com/kb/article/do-you-plan-to-add-applescript-support.html

Ah, thank you wasn’t aware. Are there any example todoist scripts?

ToDoist doesn’t have AppleScript support either, but I have something if you’d like to try it.

Aaah. Thank you, I would like to try it. Out of interest what task manager do you use with DTP3?

I don’t use any task managers, except for support purposes.
I use Stickies for reminders or drag and drop things to Apple Calendar for things with a due date.

1. Unzip the attachment.
  2. In the Finder, select the ​Go ​menu while holding the ​Option key​, then choose ​Library​.
  3. Go into Application Scripts/com.devon-technologies.think3/Menu and drop the script in there.
  4. Select a file in DEVONthink, then select the script from the script menu.

Add as To Do to Todoist.scptd.zip (31.9 KB)

2 Likes

Hi, I’ve tried that, but it doesn’t seem to do anything - no error…

Is ToDoist open and you’re logged in?

ToDoist launch…

Select File and Run Script…

ToDoist After the Quick Entry…

Yes. I select a file in DT, then select the script from the script menu. I get a pop up asking when to set a reminder for, then nothing :frowning:

Select a file in DEVONthink.
Open the script in Script Editor and choose Script > Run.
Is an error reported?

I’m seeing the enclosed error.

Screenshot 2021-07-02 at 17.31.41
Getting

I replaced the ZIP file in the previous post. Please redownload it and replace the current script to see if it behaves as expected.

Unfortunately, same error. Thanks for your help, don’t worry for now - I’ll try Things and see if that works. Out of interest can you put a script button on the toolbar?

Things seems to work - adds todo to Things with link back to DTP. Is there way for a script to also add a link to DTP for the todo? I know I don’t want much :wink:

Very odd. It’s working with no issue here and there’s no specific Automation between DEVONthink and ToDoist. The script generates a URL for their URL scheme.

Out of interest can you put a script button on the toolbar?

Yes. From the Help > Automation section…

It is likely the script could be modified for this purpose. However, a decision would have to be made as to where to store the value.

For example…

• The URL field could be used, but this may already be populated by a valid URL.
  • Finder Comments are possible but wouldn’t be directly launchable.
  • Custom Metadata with a datatype of URL could work but that requires running the Pro or Server edition of DEVONthink.

PS…

Excellent, thanks for the info - appreciate it. I’ll have a play this weekend.

You’re welcome.

So, no storage of due date in Devonthink
I use an applescript to
. specify and store due date in a custom metadata field
. sync events to Apple Calendar

I don’t use any task managers

Likewise; I’m able to handle general task managent within Devonthink
and custom scripting
I have smart rules for Active Goals, Projects and Tasks

@DTLow thanks for your comments. Sounds very interesting - would you be willing to share your tasks smart rules and workflow?