3.0 beta issues

Three issues with the 3.0 beta:

1. trashed a database after moving it to a new location without removing it from Favorites first. . The trashed one cannot now be removed from Favorites.

2. In sync, I clicked on dropbox, and then changed my mind to about proceeding. The spinning pinwheel will not go away without a quit/restart of the whole program.

3. I cannot remove any location in Sync without connecting to it. All items are grayed out and cannot be removed because the “-” and the gear menu are also grayed out.

1. So you moved a database in the Finder, then trashed it?
  2. So enabled and disabled the sync location?
  3. I’m not seeing any issue here. Does it persist after rebooting the machine?
  1. copied db to a new drive; deleted database from previous location; dblclicked on DB in new location; added it to Favorites. Now I have two favoriites: the old and and the new one. The old one is grayed out and cannot be removed. I should have removed it from favorites before I copied/deleted it. But I didn’t and now it’s stuck in the favorites.

2. no. I have two old, unused sync locations in the list. MyNAS, and MyNas1. They are grayed out and cannot be removed. If I click on either one, I’m prompted to log in. They are old locations and I cannot log in. But neither can I remove them in their greyed out state. They just sit there in the list.

3. I’m not saying it’s “an issue”, but just that if you cancel an operation, it ought to cancel, not keep spinning until you quit the entire app and restart it.

A few pieces of feedback on the beta:

1. Count PDF pages (script) links to previous version of DT

2. Getting funny views of .rtf files in the main editor window, after changing from the default font

3. On details page on the website of things that are new, erroneously says that “see also” is a Pro/Server only feature, rather than “concordance”

4. The annotation template still looks for the user on the computer, instead of the setting in DevonThink. It should use %author% instead. (Incidentally, I modified the template to create annotations in markdown instead, which I prefer; I’d love to have the annotations panel in the inspector show those annotations. Is there a way I can accomplish this?)

5. Idea - for the new voice notes, pair with someone (otter.ai, or even just Google Speech to Text) to have the option to transcribe voice notes.

1. Count PDF pages (script) links to previous version of DT

Noted. Thanks!

2. Getting funny views of .rtf files in the main editor window, after changing from the default font

Define funny. A screen capture would be helpful.

3. On details page on the website of things that are new, erroneously says that “see also” is a Pro/Server only feature, rather than “concordance”

Where are you looking?

1. Did some more testing - it appears the issue is actually with the font “gotham,” not with DevonThink.
  2. From this webpage. Screenshot attached.

This is actually intentional - you can resume a canceled/failed attempt (e.g. due to a wrong URL or wrong username/password) to set up a sync location until the app is restarted.

After right/control-clicking on the orphaned favorite it should be possible to remove it (just tried this successfully).

Hi,

I use the Fujitsu Scansnap iX500 to scan my documents into DevonThink. Unfortunately in the Beta the automatic conversion to searchable PDF (OCR…) does not work, even it is switched on in the preferences.
Perhaps you can have a look…

Regards,
Florian

This is a known issue and will be fixed by beta 2.

Thanks for the clarification and screen capture. I’ll pass this along.