A few databases are not appearing on my iPad

I have the latest versions of DT and DTTG. Syncing between my laptop and iPhone are flawless. On my iPad, though, it sinks fine for the databases that I have syncing. But when I go into settings - locations to add additional databases (that are syncing fine on my iPhone) they do not appear, so I cannot choose them. I’m using CloudKit.

Ed

Where are the databases located
Did you enable the databases for syncing on that device

They are local on my laptop and sync via Cloudkit. I cannot enable them on my ipad because they do not appear in the locations setting that lists databases

Did you enable the databases for sync on your laptop

Yes. It works fine syncing with my iphone.

Hello, I have the same problem: syncing with cloudkit works always fine with my old IPhone. Now I have installed DTTG on my new IPhone and in the cloudkit settings I see no databases at all, only the global input which I don’t use.
There are no further error messages.
Does anyone have any idea?

Kind regards, Jörg

Some screen shots of Sync settings, for every sync method you want setup, on phone and laptop will help debugging.

Some screen shots of Sync settings, for every sync method you want setup, on phone and laptop will help debugging. And, perhaps Apple’s CloudKit has not yet told your new iPhone about the sync files it holds. Hard to tell from here.

Thank you for your response. These are the settings on my IPad which are working:

And these are the settings on the IPhone:

Only the global input is shown:

The behavior on one device is not an indicator of behavior on another device. This is no different than you and I buying the same type of year of car. Yours may run well and mine may be a lemon.

And you can clearly see the progress spinner is running. So it’s trying to talk with Apple’s servers and get data from it. Whether Apple’s servers are responding – or even talking at all – is beyond our control.

Regarding syncing, the first question you need to ask yourself is, “Do I need a remote sync option?”. Consider these questions…

• Do you need to sync between machines – especially desktop Macs – in different geographic locations?
  • Do you have a colleague, assistant, significant other, etc. that needs frequent updates to synced data?
  • Are you using a shallow sync, i.e., Download Files: On demand in DEVONthink To Go?

If the answer is no to any of these questions, a local sync on your network is suggested.

There is a forum post on syncing: Sync Types Explained. This is a good place to start.
There is also one specifically about Bonjour: Bonjour Simplified

I opened the Sync and Console logs from my iPad, the one that is not showing all of my
DT databases, and there are multiple warnings in the Sync log.

WARNING: List of manifests returned by location iCloud (CloudKit) might be incomplete.

and

WARNING: CloudKit Error Domain=CKErrorDomain Code=3: inbox/master.plist

Do these help identify a way to fix things?

Ed

The first issue is harmless and temporary, the second one just a network issue (“network unavailable”).