a little tweak on the services function?

Hi Bill. Thanks for responding, but I’m a little confused. If my DT window is open, it doesn’t stay in background at all. As soon as I select ‘take rich note’ it pops to the front and takes over control. So, I’m assuming Fred’s workaround keeps the database window from opening when I make a clipping and that’s why it works (why it doesn’t take control from the application I’m working in and cause DT to take over).

Does this make sense? I would love it if I could just see DT and click it if I chose. Maybe I’m not understanding your response.

Alexandria

Alexandria:

Watch carefully:

You’re in Safari, select content of a page and use Services to capture a rich text note to DEVONthink.

Immediately, you see a DEVONthink window. But take a look at the menu bar – you are still really in Safari. That’s why moving the cursor to the upper right to trigger Exposé reveals a Safari window, not a DEVONthink window. (Unless, of course, you first click on the DEVONthink window, which makes DT the frontmost application.)

Neat? Perhaps it’s an OS X bug, but I’ve been using it. :slight_smile:

Holy sh…er, wow, you’re right! :smiley: It is still visually confusing, but thanks! That changes things. I never would of noticed!

And thanks too for the quick response! I’m very spoiled from using this message board. Others don’t respond nearly as quickly if at all.

Alexandria

On speed of response:

Sometimes I’m busy doing something else.

And sometimes I don’t know the answer. :smiley:

I find that hard to believe! :laughing:

Alexandria