A suggestion on info/comment inspector in 3.0

In longer-term, I hope that DT would consider some fine-tuning in the arrangement of the inspector bar, for example:
(1) The “Generic” tab of the info section to include metadata fields, and let the user add or at least can modify the custom metadata fields in the “Custom” tab. This is a time saver by reducing clicks.
(2) to combine image into one tab. I think a combined arrangement enables the user to annotate, tag, mark, label, rate, and assign/customise metadata in one go.

The addition of the inspector bar in 3.0 is already a vast improvement in the ease of reviewing item in detail and to assign/change item’s attributes dynamically. I am also aware that the UI design is a function of what’s being the most common sceen resolution. I guess I’m just getting greedy in longer-term.

Yes the info/comment needs some rearrangements. I get why they have it separately but…

Or at least let user choose a default view(If I click “get info” leave it where I last left it, say “annotations and reminders”

Or at minimum have two finger swipe to move to the next section.
Eventually I guess, this isn’t priority right now :slight_smile:

I guess I’m just getting greedy in longer-term.

Agreed. :wink:

Eventually I guess, this isn’t priority right now

Also, agreed. :stuck_out_tongue:

Remember, the density of information has to consider the size of the smallest device - a 12" MacBook currently. Showing information with a litle scrolling as possible - in a view that’s friendly and easily viewable, is the goal.

And the option to let the user reorganize all this could easily lead to development and support issues.