Active link to another note in sheet format note

I want to create links to other DT notes but I’m having some problems. I’m creating a note that is a spreadsheet (Sheet) but when I copy and paste the link for another note, it doesn’t seem to be an active link. It just comes up with text like: x-devonthink-item://3E728F6A-9932-44DA-9C93-B6B6A46836B7. Is there a way to create an active link in a Sheet note?

A related question is, if I want to copy and paste that into a regular formatted or rich text note, it comes up with that text (which is a link), but I’d like to have it use the title of my note so I know what I’m linking to. Is that possible?

Thanks,
Hilary

If you Command-click on the link it should open in a new tab or window, depending on your General preferences for using tabs.

A related question is, if I want to copy and paste that into a regular formatted or rich text note, it comes up with that text (which is a link), but I’d like to have it use the title of my note so I know what I’m linking to. Is that possible?

No. If you paste a URL - active or not - it will remain a URL, not resolve to the name. You’d need to immediately paste into the richtext or formatted note after copying the page link.

Thanks. I don’t quite understand your last comment. " You’d need to immediately paste into the richtext or formatted note after copying the page link." What do you mean by that? Does doing whatever you mean enable me to change the title of the link? Is there a way to create a link using the text I choose as the title of the link?

Thanks,
Hilary

Seems there are no “active links” in sheets. The closest you’ll get is what @BLUEFROG suggested

and it will

But

CMD clicking a link to open it does not work with columns of type Rich Text, but this is the type you’ll need if you want to be able to paste RTF links (the ones that show the record’s name instead of its reference URL) into other RTF or Formatted Note records in the future.

So I think the best way is to simply add a column of type Rich Text and paste each copied link twice,

• one time in a “normal” text column to be able to open the link by CMD clicking it
  • one time in the Rich Text column to be able to paste a RTF link into other records.