add results to devonthink

I am confused and need some help. How do I run a search set in DEVONagent and have the results saved to DEVONthink as PDFs (One Page)?

Some of my search sets work fine and save the PDFs without any problem. Other ones – it seems to be every search set I make now – save as Bookmarks, which I definitely do not want.

I’ve got screenshots at the link below. Any help would be appreciated.
evernote.com/l/ASC3An2PX3tM … kSvkLmIOMM

It doesn’t look like anyone is going to bite. I started a ticket (#885321) and I’ll drop by later with the results.

Did the background task devongetd crash (see ~/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports)? Or did you run any searches while DEVONthink tried to download & render the PDF documents in the background? Because in case of timeouts DEVONthink stores bookmarks instead of the desired format.

I have sent in my logs. It looks like there is a lot of crashing, though I don’t know why. Perhaps this is causing the “failures” that lead DEVONagent to save as Bookmarks instead of PDFs. Please don’t tell me that I need more RAM! That will make me sad, because there is nothing I can do about it now – I bought my MBPr a few months before Apple bumped the RAM up to 16GB.

Haven’t seen the logs yet but RAM shouldn’t be an issue.

I’m glad to hear that! I have to admit that I am kicking myself for upgrading even when I knew the computer was late into its lifecycle. I figured that the lack of a new processor anytime soon meant that it wouldn’t matter when I bought it, but I was very much mistaken – Apple unexpectedly doubled the RAM for base models a few months later. The RAM isn’t upgradable these days, so I am stuck with 8GB. That used to be a lot, but not anymore :frowning:

As a follow-up, it appears all searches are working fine today. I don’t know why, because all conditions are the same here, but I won’t complain!

It seems that when their are failures with pages timing out, the app defaults to bookmarks. This might not necessarily be a bad behavior in itself, because the app has to do something with the page, but I would think other pages could still be rendered as PDFs. And, if we had a way to bulk convert bookmarked pages into PDFs, then it wouldn’t be so disruptive. Whatever timed out in DEVONagent could be dealt with in DEVONthink. Hopefully, future updates to the app can include an improved way to handle this kind of a situation.

As always, thanks for the hard work on a wonderful app!