Adding a new service to the services menu

I think this makes your point about the need for a script repository. I did a lot of searching around, including obviously in this forum, to help me understand how to craft the modifications to the script you gave me. I obviously didn’t come across your previous script - perhaps my bad keyword, I don’t know. I think the problem in my case was that I wasn’t looking for the complete solution when searching. I was looking for help with paths and selecting the database - more about how to use specific dictionary entries, hard for the neophyte.

As a follow up I sent an email to Eric recounting the frustration I had in trying to find information and suggesting that the idea of a repository was at least worth re-considering.

In this case I searched for “move database” and limited the search to this section of the forum – because the search function in phpBB seems to be best with the fewest terms (not surprisingly, I guess).

I would LOVE to work with a repository, as I’ve said. It’s just so much more work than you can imagine. And without the valuable agreement and contributions of the past giants of DEVONthink scripting it would be a hollow endeavor.

Do you know I have never noticed the "Advanced search” underneath the Search box, or perhaps I had not realized that it was a button :laughing: Now I know it will make things a lot better for me. Cheers.