Adding comment to PDF question

Hi,

When adding a note annotation to a highlighted text in a pdf, the highlighted text preview dissappears from the Annotations section in the right bar and is replaced with the note only. I Would rather like to see the highlighted text preview and the note preview together to add context to the note preview. Is there any reason for this behaviour? Or maybe this is something you can add?

1 Like

Development would have to respond on this but this has been the behavior for a long time.
I’m sure it could be revised but it’s unclear if that would be broadly desirable or not.

A new column “Note” could make it possible to see both: the highlighted text (in column “Content”) and the note (in column “Note”).

That would also require more UI space and potentially not look very good when the inspector is narrow, but the suggestion is noted.

Right below would be great. This is common practice among all other PDF viewers I know:

Apple Preview:
Screen Shot 2021-12-27 at 17.29.31

Pdf Expert:
Screen Shot 2021-12-27 at 17.28.10

I believe this is desirable in most cases, and certainly an important feature for me :slight_smile: Would love to see it in a future release.

3 Likes

Development will have to assess this. Thanks for your patience and understanding.

2 Likes

The next release will finally support this.

11 Likes