Adding notes to documents? (Newbie Question)

Hi!
I need to urgently organise a chaotic set of Mac Pages, PDF’s, emails and microsoft word docs. Its too complex for Finder

So I have just downloaded a trial version of DevonThink Personal.

I would like to be able to add notes to each document, describing the document’s origin, a summary of its content & other useful stuff. But I do not want these notes to be part of the document itself. How do I do this with DevonThink?

Also, I would like to be able to add notes to the text of the documents, like sticky notes or annotated highlights. Is this possible?

I had the impression that I would be able to do both of these with DevonThink, but I have not been able to find out how.

Very grateful if anyone can help!
Cheers
Rosso

Take a look at this template [url]QuoteHighlight&Annotate script]. It should cover the “annotated highlights” part of your question, I think. (I can’t take credit for knowing about this–hat tip to korm for posting it in another thread.)

There are fairly detailed instructions about setting it up and also some modifications if you read the whole thread (e.g., when I installed it I used korm’s code to make the formatting of links a nicer).