Adding page text to DT from Safari (bit of a trick)

Hello,

I work with Redmine a lot, and import the text from a ticket into DevonThink prior to working on it. Anyways, one of my favorite scripts is the “Add text to DEVONthink”. I find it extremely for this script to be used, even though I have to do a lot of formatting after the import is done (Hoping to make one specific for Redmine stuff in the coming days). Needless to say, the script as it is default with DT creates a new record with “text” as the type. Personally, I prefer RTF because I can then format the dates and notes I’ve been working on something (although I wish there was a way to paste in with keeping the current format).

I changed this line of code in the script:
tell application “DEVONthink Pro” to create record with {name:this_title, type:txt, URL:this_url, plain text:(this_title & return & return & this_text & return & return & this_url)}

To:
tell application “DEVONthink Pro” to create record with {name:this_title, type:rtf, URL:this_url, plain text:(this_title & return & return & this_text & return & return & this_url)}

It’s not much of a change, just type is now rtf :slight_smile: I didn’t see a topic on this already, so I hope this helps someone using DT the same way I am.

-David

Thank you, David!

You know, all this time, (years) I’ve missed this script, because I never work with text only. Many times I’ve wished to do just what your modified script does, and now thanks to you I finally have it!

I’ve been so deep in the forest I didn’t even notice the trees… :blush:

Thanks again,

-c