Advanced Smart Groups

Thanks for the feedback. I figured out the difference:

Shift-Command-F results included the global Inbox; the Name matches wifi SG in a regular db excluded the global Inbox. When the SG is in the global Inbox results are as expected, although there’s a minor refresh issue where the SG display count was correct but the document list wasn’t up-to-date until the SG was deselected/reselected. And when the SG is deleted the document list doesn’t disappear, causing another one of those “focus limbo” situations requiring mouse interaction to get readjusted …

I’ve lost track of what the current behavior of (Shift-)Tab and Control-Tab are intended to be in different contexts, but Tab in List view always makes the URL field of the first document editable and Control-Tab conflicts with my LaunchBar shortcut. It’s made keyboard navigation frustratingly harder for me instead of consistently reliable.

The shortcut is (Shift-) Ctrl-Tab since the final release.

Oops, I meant Control-Tab conflicts with my LB shortcut. And Shift-Control-Tab seems to be misbehaving even though DTPO is handling it. Same conclusion: keyboard navigation has gotten harder than it used to be.

It’s working fine here. Do you have an example, maybe a screenshot too? Thanks.

Hopefully, eventually. This project I’ve been using DTPO with that’s exacerbated by the document titles vs. exported filenames problem has been increasingly sucking my attention.

Hi y’all,

Returning to the original problem of creating a smartgroup that returns any file (group or file) with a name that has the following template ####-# or ####-####.

I have been using skj’s suggestion of Name matches “[0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9] [0-9]*”

However, I’ve since discovered that this WILL return files whose name begins with 1856-0 or 1972-3, or 1945-10-28 , or 1945-11; but it WILL NOT return files whose name begins with 1815-1833 or 1833-1942.

I’ve tried including a second line boolean phrase OR “[0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9] [0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9]*” But nothing changes in the returned files. Any suggestions for fixing this?

Thanks so much!!!

It’s a rare limitation of the current proximity/phrase search in combination with wildcards matching (partially) the same words. You could either use…

“[0-9]* [0-9]*”

or…

“[0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9] [0-9]*” OR “[0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9] [0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9]”

A future release will improve/fix this.