All tags disappear when i move one tag

in DT2 i would move a tag to my inbox and then ungroup it to get rid of the tag to ensure i didn’t lose any documents by just deleting the tag in itself. now when i do that, ALL the tags delete from whatever documents were within that tag. so i move tag “a” to the inbox, making it a group, those documents no longer have tag a, nor any other tags associated with them. is this a bug?

in general tags seem to be disappearing for me and i don’t know why. in what situations would moving a document from one place to another lose ALL the tags of said document? i can’t figure it out. i have a smart rule to get rid of empty tags and it keeps getting more and more full even for tags i haven’t deleted.

i would move a tag to my inbox and then ungroup it to get rid of the tag to ensure i didn’t lose any documents by just deleting the tag in itself.

This is a pretty unusual approach. First I’ve ever heard of someone doing this. I also can’t reproduce it.

I moved a Tag from a database’s Inbox. The Tags on the files are still intact, except for the Tag that was moved and converted to a group.

ok, i think i figured out what it is. if i’m in tags, and i drag an item from one tag to another, it now has both of those tags, which makes sense, but gets rid of all the other tags. so just now i dragged about ten items from 2010 tag to 2011, and now none of the other tags I gave any of them are there.

You are dragging items form one tag into another?? :open_mouth:

replicating them! is that bad?? :joy:

I don’t know if others are doing that but it’s the first I’ve heard of the behavior.