Annotation Opacity - DTTG vs MacOS

Hi friends!

I like to annotate with Apple Pencil on iPad. Sometimes the “highlight text” function is a little clunky with my Apple Pencil, so I often just switch to the freehand highlighter to move faster.

I just looked at some highlights I had made on the iPad app on the MacOS version and noticed in DEVONthink’s preview, they’re showing with no opacity. When opened on the Mac in PDF Expert, the expected behavior / view is displayed.

Is there a simple way to enable this same behavior in DEVONthink’s own preview, without opening each PDF in an external application to view my highlights the way I’m expecting to?

Thanks!

Is this also the case when opening the document with Apple’s Preview.app?

What version of DEVONthink, DEVONthink To Go, and macOS are you running?

I’m seeing no opacity issue with a highlighter pen annotation from DEVONthink To Go 3.3.3 to DEVONthink 3.8.2 on Catalina (at the moment).

Yes it is - Apple’s Preview shows the highlights essentially as redacted text, ie: no opacity to read the text under the highlight.

Thanks for the quick reply. Side note: I think it’s so cool that you stay so active here with all your customers. Appreciate it.

DEVONthink Pro Edition 3.8.2
Monterey 12.2
DTTG 3.3.3

1 Like

In that case it’s most likely an issue of macOS PDFkit framework. Could you please send such a document to cgrunenberg - at - devon-technologies.com? Thank you!

Thanks for the document! It’s a PSPDFkit specific extension, the next release will support this.