Annotation Template - Markdown Version

The standard “Annotation” template in DEVONthink creates an RTF file that you can use for collecting your annotation notes.

Here is a modified version of the same template, but this one creates a Markdown file (.markdown) instead. For those who wish to work with plain text. Download and unzip and save it to ~/Library/DEVONthink Pro 2/Templates.noindex

d.pr/f/Vo50

[size=80](This link will die, eventually – so if in the future you come across this topic and the link has expired, PM me. If I’m still here I’ll send you a copy.)[/size]

Thank you!

Probably I won’t use this right now. But i downloaded just in case because I find some beauty in note taking with Markdown due to its simplicity and speed (with nvAlt).

A long annotation file certainly doesn’t look (work) nice when I review it again some time later. A plain text file viewed by Marked can collapse and expands section by section thus enables me to grasp the idea of an annotation file quite nicely.

But, i also find some friction when it comes down to usability of the plain text file inside DT (indexing, sometimes missing files, see also on selected text so on…)

Its quite fun to see how a program and users affect each other.

Jy-Yun

it does not work for me. I am using DEVONthink Pro 3. does it only work for pro2 ?

You are replying to a six-year-old thread about a template I wrote 8 years ago. Not going to be reliable. I suggest exploring the annotation features of the DEVONthink 3 and ignoring these old posts – they are not helpful or relevant. Sorry.

1 Like