Well… I ran up against a bit of a wall with DevonSync (the application that will allow you to sync two DTP databases across a network). Hopefully that will all get resolved soon. In the meantime, I moved on to an easier project – a functional archive program for MS Entourage --> DTP.
It’s still pretty rough around the edges, but there’s not much chance I’ll be developing it to polished condition for a while. But it’s basically functional.
So I’m putting out a (version 0.6), open to suggestions.
ThinkArch is ready as 1.0 FC! Use the same URL as above.
One feature requires DTP 1.1.2 (coming soon, now in beta), see limitations below.
Please test and email woodenbrain … at — kagi period com, and/or post in thread.
• Archives only mail in selected mailboxes
• Archives only mail older than a set date.
• Set date can be relative to current date (ie, 2 years old) or relative to last archive date.
• Archives can be scheduled monthly without intervention.
• Handles both plain text and HTML emails.
• Automatic text cleanup.
• Control of archive folder hierarchies.
• Control whether to archive unread messages or high priority messages.
• Specific DTP database to use for archives can be set.
• Basic handling of attachments supported by DTP (unlinked but grouped with archived messages)
• Automatic removal of duplicates and replicants.
• Add to DTP from Entourage selection feature.
• Can install above feature in Entourage and user scripts menus.
• automatic removal of duplicants and replicants requires DTP 1.1.2 (coming soon)
• attachments can’t be linked to messages but are grouped with them / files not handled by DTP are not imported
Could someone mod please kill this poll? It was sorta rude of me Thanks.
it probably could not open the DT database because you didn’t specify one in settings.
will look into sorting columns, but what do you want to sort by? it should already be sorted by name. i can’t see wanting to sort by ID. I suppose you could sort by checked or not but do you really want to do that?
As for no chance to confirm, good point, I suppose I’ll change that.
Tried to import mails from entourage the best way. But:
Drag and Drop is fine, but only ( a lot of for me useless)text and no sync. The scripts work well, but no sync.Thinkarch ist superb, but if i check “html” everything is wrong formatted, and if i uncheck it i get error “The variable theSource is not defined” tried to play with the code (UDF 8 and so on)but no go. German system!
Version 1.0b5 fixes the error reported below and one other error producing bug.
Devtom – thanks for your bug reports.
I’m not sure what you mean by “wrong formatted,” so I could not fix that yet. Are all HTML e-mails formatted wrongly for you, or just some? Either way, if you could forward me a couple of those e-mails as examples, I could see if I can reproduce the problem. My e-mail is at the top of my web pages. beam.to/woodenbrain