Annoying Markdown edit behavior change for breaking lines

The most recent update to DEVONthink 3.x seems to have introduced a change in the markdown editing behavior for breaking lines. In particular, when working with the source, it’s no longer possible to move the cursor to the next/previous visible line in the edit pane using the down/up keys, only to the next/previous markdown element.

To explain a bit further, if I have a sentence that is long enough to break across three vertical lines in the source pane on my limited screen real estate, and if I have a problem with some text in the middle of the second of those three lines, pressing the down arrow takes me to the next whole markdown element, not the next visible line. The most reliable way to reposition the cursor where I actually need it is to take my hands off the keyboard and use the mouse. The less desirable option is to use option + left/right arrow to move from word to word.

I didn’t see any new setting to fix this. Is it perhaps a bug? Or is this a deliberate change? It’s driving me nuts. Thanks in advance.

2 Likes

Thanks for the report!
I have already informed Development of this, so let’s see what they come up with.

Oh great! I didn’t see your post on the subject. Sorry for posting a duplicate.

No worries.

Yes I was glad to have seen this as it is driving me mad too