Any way to view DT3 Reading List in DTG?

Is there any way to view the content of the DEVONthink 3 Reading List in DEVONthink To Go?

This is planned for future releases.

3 Likes

Similarly, I’d like to be able to add items to the Reading List through DTTG, please as I find, on my iPad and iPhone, that I capture a blog post etc in DTTG that I’d like to see in my DT Reading List.

Why don’t you just add a tag in DEVONthink To Go, like To Read, then use a smart rule in DEVONthink, like so…

Note: I am removing the Tag in DEVONthink so I’m already filing it in the Reading List (i.e., the Reading List is providing the same function as the Tag would). However, depending on what else you’re doing with the Tag, you may want to leave it.

I am also removing the Tag so it’s no longer matched by the smart rule’s criteria, avoiding future reprocessing.

Great idea! Many thanks and for reminding us of the real power behind DEVONthink😄

You’re very welcome and yeah, DEVONthink 3 is pretty much the Infinity Gauntlet…

Okay, maybe that’s a little exaggeration :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Nice! I’d make one slight modification, though. (Well, two — I don’t think you need the “Kind is Any Document” criterion, do you? Or are there database items that are not “documents”?)

As it is, with the tag removed, the item is no longer identifiable as a reading list item in DTTG. I’d add a second criterion to the smart rule: “Tag is not inReadingList”, and then replace your “Remove Tags” action with “Add Tags inReadingList”. That way DTTG knows it’s a pseudo-reading list item, but DT3 also knows it’s already added to the actual reading list.

Or are there database items that are not “documents”?

Of course: groups, smart groups, tags / group tags / ordinary tags.