Anybody using DT3 as CRM? What's your workflow, structure, strategy?

Interesting use of Item Links there.

Question - if you run Create Metadata Overview in order to create a TSV file, can that TSV file be imported into Tap Forms? If so, does that make Tap Forms a convenient way to create a custom report or a mail merge based on DT3 metadata and DT3 custom metadata?

You can import tsv/csv very easy. It is possible to create import profiles to select and save kind (date, text, number, …) of the metadata field. The names of the custom metadata fields have to be the same names as the form fields in Tap Forms. On importing the fields of your custom metadata overview file can be created automatically. Custom reports (layouts) are no problem and very easy to build. You can even create e-mails using a script and take the data from Tap Forms for this purpose.

While there’s no harm in inheriting into the methods and ideas of others, don’t lose sight of how YOU think about data organization. Ultimately, these are your databases, with your data, organized in ways that make sense to you.

1 Like

Nice!
So how do you “attach” ToDos to documents?

For example: I have a PDF I want to read and highlight, then extract the highlights to a Markdown file and then process it (for example split it to several atomic notes).
As far as I can see I can use tags for this.

But how about due dates, or recurring dates?

You say you set the due dates into custom metadata: how do you make all the ToDos of a specific day to appear on that day?

Agreed.
I ask to know if I can refine my workflow even better :wink:

I’m not fond of adding other Apps right now, so I pass on…

I think I’ll go this way.

I add a tag with the name of the collaborator, so that I can group all the files (documents, communications, etc…) whenever I need it.

Furthermore I keep a Master Bio for each contact, where I store information such as where he lives, the job, etc…

1 Like

Tags; Project-ReadingList
Label: Pending or Active
Due Date: Optional

But how about due dates, or recurring dates?

Due date already addressed
I use a tag to indicate recurring, and a script to handle the completed process
Devonthink’s reminder feature handles recurring dates

how do you make all the ToDos of a specific day to appear on that day?

My active/dated task list is a smart group (unsorted)
I use an applescript to retrieve the list, sort it, and render the view I need (gantt calendar)

1 Like