AppleScript Icon

Is there a way to eliminate the script icon that now indicates a smart folder in the new version 1.1? I find them distracting and cannot find a preference to turn them off.

David

No, there’s no preference available to disable this (actually people requested a way to easily spot items with attached scripts).

That’s a shame. It is of no use to me and perhaps I could request that a preference be considered for the future? The icon is very obtrusive and ugly.

David

DT Pro 2 will support real smart groups and then many people won’t use attached scripts anyway.

Maybe the icon can be made to be a bit smaller and less intrusive. It is a bit large. Maybe a much smaller version of it could be possible? I do like having it.

Alexandria

Alexandria:

That’s a good suggestion as well, a very small icon in a shade of grey perhaps? The present icon draws your eye and makes it more difficult to read the titles of the folders. In short, it sticks out like a sore thumb.

David

You can by fiddling with DT internals:

• Open the package contents of the application
  • navigate to DEVONthink Pro.app/Contents/Resources
  • make a backup copy of “ScriptsIcon.tiff” (Select, M-c, M-v)
  • delete the original “ScriptsIcon.tiff”
  • copy the desired icon (I found “sort.tiff” ok)
  • rename “sort copy.tiff” to “ScriptsIcon.tiff”
  • restart DT.

Thanks for the suggestion. I opened ScriptsIcon in Photoshop and reduced its height by 50% and lightened it to be a shade of grey. It looks better and I’ll see how that goes. Another option would be to remove the image and make the icon empty to eliminate it entirely.

David

This is exactly what I’m going to do. If I can open Photoshop. I’m having a problem with it. But that’s the idea! Thanks to ash711 for the suggestion! Very clever. I didn’t realize I could fiddle with such things.

Alexandria