Application Error - An error has occurred. The Application m

I don’t think Mike meant to imply that only one person was experiencing problems with text document creation or editing. But I certainly understand the aggravation of those who experience this or any other problem.

Posting bug reports with as much information as possible describing the issue, incuding the mobile device model and its iOS operating system version and the OS X version and CPU type (PPC or Intel) of the host Mac can be useful information to Mike.

I’ve run prerelease betas and the final version 1.0 of DT To Go on my iPad. For what it’s worth, I’ve no problem with searches or with creation and editing of plain text documents in my iPad’s DT To Go database, nor with syncing new content back to my Mac databases. Likewise, my DT Pro Office 2.0.5 databases also show the Sync group on all 3 of my Macs – failure to create the Sync group in databases on some Macs is a show-stopper, as Sync of those databases to DT To Go cannot then take place.

Most of the beta testers used iPhones or iPod Touches. I was among the minority in using an iPad. But I know that iPhone beta testers, for example, were successfully creating and editing plain text documents on their devices.

Mike is hard at work identifying the issues experienced by some users and developing fixes for them. Identifying the issues is perhaps all the more difficult, because a number of users are experiencing none of the problems discussed in this thread. That’s why as much information as possible can be useful in analyzing bug reports.

Allow me to apologize personally for any misunderstanding - I am indeed seeing all the users reporting issues with text editing. We (at DEVONtechnolgies) have all been testing DTTG extensively for months now, and what I meant to say is that this is the first time I had heard of this issue - but that does not count for much when our customers are finding serious issues with the product. Please file a bug report with as much information as possible - it is difficult to characterize specific issues and gauge the number of people experiencing the same problem here on the Forum. Thank you for your assistance in both reporting these problems and working with us to make DTTG a better product.

I have found that when I search and use contents returning to the home page is impossible. As a work around I select search in titles and after that I am able to return to the home screen without the app shutting down. I hope this helps.

Also I have experienced many of the same problems as most of the other trouble shooting posts. Hopefully this will get better with the next couple of updates

I have fixed the “navigating back from search and crash” bug for version 1.0.3. Is the note-taking bug on iOS 3.1.3 still present?

Eric.

I was able to reproduce the problem on iOS 3.1.3. Fixed for next release.

Eric.