Arranging folders, documents

I’m using DTPO 2.11. Everything in the database sorts alpha-numerically. Is there a way to override this and to be able to place the documents and folders in the order I wish? Is it possible in DTPO 3?

Try the menu item View > Sort > Unsorted

1 Like

The last version of DEVONthink Pro Office is 2.11.3. If you are not upgrading to DEVONthink 3, you should still be updating to the current version.

Please download a new installer from here and replace your current version: Download Legacy Versions

Do not run a third-party uninstaller. If your browser isn’t set to open safe downloaded files, just double-click the ZIP file to decompress it. Then double-click the disk image to open it, and drag and drop the application into the /Applications folder, allowing it to overwrite the old version when you’re prompted.
(There is no danger to your data when you do this. (1) Your data is not stored in the application, and (2) we would not give you instructions that would jeopardize your data.)

Thanks, that’s already a help. This works for the documents, but it does not appear to work for the folders. Any ideas?

Yep. I’m up to date. Thanks!

Groups can also be sorted manually via the method @dansroka mentioned. However, you may need to disable Preferences > General > Keep groups on top when sorting.

Hmm. In one database @danskroka’s method works. In another it does not. The groups only get put in other groups when I try to move them.

Bluefrog, I don’t see Keep groups on top when sorting in Preferences>General.

Please advise.

Sorry. I incorrectly read you were already running DEVONthink 3. This is in DEVONthink 3…

Good to know. I plan on upgrading.

Thanks!

You’re welcome :slight_smile: