authorize database with password when using

Recently [2 days ago] i started using a USB 3.0 SSD as a local sync store. Now when i try to sync files between my home and work computer [MBP13 and 1 yr old macmini] I get requests to authenticate the data base with a User name and Password. The same thing occurs when I create a new test database on an external drive and try to open it on a different computer.

I do set passwords on these databases. When I look in “Database Properties” there is no password set in the “Protection” section at the bottom of the information pop-up. The authenticate so far only seems to pop up when I am switching computers and syncing or test external DTPO databases.

so:

1. Is there a way to fix this?
  2. What might have caused this so i can avoid it in the future.
  3. Should I export the data, delete DTPO, databases, and sync stores and start over with clean slate [nuke and pave DTPO]?
  4. I could put the data in dropbox or Connected Data transporter and have separate, independent indexed databases on each computer. This keeps each DTPO database on its own computer. The DTPO database would NOT be in dropbox’s or connected data Transporter sync processes, only the files/folders that are being indexed by DTPO.
  5. Other ideas?

Thanks

Example message from log: 11:09:43 AM: Sync: Work clients projects -> 512ssd (Local Sync Store) Could not authenticate user with a protected database; please check your username and password and try again.

Correction of typo IN FIRST SENTENCE OF SECOND Paragrah. I DO NOT SET A PASSWORD FOR ANY DATABASES.

My apologies for the confusion.

Please start a Support Ticket.

Support ticket submitted. In the meanwhiles, have other forum users seen this issue? I did find some older posts with similar/same issue. No cure was posted.