Auto-classify

I have just imported over 4000 emails into DTP Office. Obviously I don’t want to group and tag that many files. Is it possible to use the auto-classify or auto-group function or should I not worry about it? I can’t seem to figure out how to do this all at once. On the same topic, would all of the attachments been put through OCR?

DEVONthink Pro Office doesn’t modify emails while archiving and therefore attachments are part of the raw, unmodified messages and not OCRed.

To make the auto classify feature usable and reliable, you would have to first create the groups and file at least some documents/messages on your own. However, you could try auto grouping and/or grouping of threads/conversations (see Preferences > Email).

One caution: If the option DEVONthink > Preferences > Email > Conversations > Group conversation threads has been set when email is imported, then using Auto Classify on a selection of email messages will un-group the conversation threads - essentially flattening the hierarchy - but not regroup them.

Also note that the option, “DEVONthink > Preferences > Email > Conversations > Group conversation” requires additional processing time during the import.