Auto-save not triggered when switching windows

Changes on the annotation panel are lost if you switch to another window prior to saving the file (or selecting another file on the same window, which triggers the file to auto-save).

EDIT: now I am not exactly sure that only changing windows will trigger the problem, but I had the annotations pane revert twice to a previous version only this morning.

Are you referring to using the Annotations section of the Annotations & Reminders Inspector?

Yes, the annotations section of the Annotations & Reminders Inspector.

Interesting… not seeing an issue just on a quick test.
Are you syncing - and is Preferences > Sync > Conflicts set to Duplicate documents or Use latest document.

I am syncing, but preference is set to Duplicate documents.

Both times when it happened I had written something and then went on to search for files and browser on a different dashboard space where I had another DT3 window open.

Also, I believe that the Reveal item on the menu bar is not working properly. It won’t reveal the open file, like it did on DT2, only whatever file I previously had open on this window.

E.g. I open a document, click on a wiki link, and then click reveal. It will bring me back to the first document I had opened.

E.g. I open a document, click on a wiki link, and then click reveal. It will bring me back to the first document I had opened.

That definitely seems like a bug. @cgrunenberg will have to speak to this.

Also, sometimes the content of the annotations pane of one file will show up at another file after switching tabs.

So far I can’t reproduce this, screenshots before/after revealing would be great. Thanks!

If I click on any wiki-link and then hit reveal, it will bring me back to the previous file instead of revealing the one I am currently at. I’ve been able to reproduce this multiple times.

Note: This happens when clicking on menu item “Reveal”. I just noticed that if I hit command + R it does indeed reveal the current file. It must be something with the menu button.

Weird. Both methods work absolutely identical over here (and should because they trigger the same action).

I just emailed you a video showing the problem :wink: