Auto Tagging

Is there a way to copy tags from one document to another. Let’s say I have a document that i receive monthly. I want it tagged just like the previous month. Newbie to this and I apologize if it has been previously answered.

Anyone?

Hi,

I’m not sure this answers your question but it is possible to copy tags onto the clipboard and paste them into the tags bar for the new document.

1. I do this from the Three pane view. Make sure the tags bar is visible at the bottom of the screen (View -> Show Tags)
  2. Highlight the old document. Click on the tags bar or on one of the tags there (Control-Enter will also put the cursor on the tags bar)
  3. Select all (cmd-a) and copy (cmd-c)
  4. Highlight the new document
  5. Click on the tags/tags bar again.
  6. Paset (cmd-v)

Tom S.

Hi,

I’m not sure this answers your question but it is possible to copy tags onto the clipboard and paste them into the tags bar for the new document.

1. I do this from the Three pane view. Make sure the tags bar is visible at the bottom of the screen (View -> Show Tags)
  2. Highlight the old document. Click on the tags bar or on one of the tags there (Control-Enter will also put the cursor on the tags bar)
  3. Select all (cmd-a) and copy (cmd-c)
  4. Highlight the new document
  5. Click on the tags/tags bar again.
  6. Paset (cmd-v)

Tom S.