automatic replication

Hi All,

Is there a way for a rule to be set so that any file I move or create into a certain group automatically replicates into a different predetermined group? The reason is that i have a main group for notes where I want all notes to go, however i have some other specific groups. I want to be able to put stuff into the specific groups and for them to be replicated to the main group without having to do so manually. Thanks,

Jonathon

This could be done with a triggered script (one that executes when the group is selected).

Or, simply tag the documents with the name of another group. If I have two groups, Group 1 and Group 2, put a document into Group 1, and tag that document “Group 2” then there will now be replicants in both groups. (For this to work correctly, Group 2 has to exist before you use it as a tag, and it should exist outside of that database’s Tags group. The database property Exclude Groups from Tagging should be off and the group property Exclude from Tagging should also be off for Group 2. Seems like a lot of rules, but these are the default settings for most groups in most databases – if the group icon is a yellowish folder and not a bluish folder, then you’re good to go.)

Not entirely automatic, though with scripting you could get close to complete automation with these approaches.

Cool thanks!