Backup Database gone after changing macOS Sierra

Hi,
recently I’ve changed to Sierra and I realized, that my Devonthink database is gone. Before that change I “backuped” everything with Time Machine but I can’t find anyting there.
I looked within the app and in Application Support but Devonthink isn’t even listed there. The search function doesn’t bring anything up either…
Does anyone have an idea? I’m desperate :cry:
Thanks and best wishes from Hamburg
Hixi

You don’t say what edition you’re using.
If Pro or Pro Office, do a Spotlight search for dtBase2.
Also, make sure you’re looking in the right place. In the Finder, press Shift-Command-G and paste: ~/Library/Application Support/DEVONthink Pro 2 or DEVONthink 2 for Personal.

Hi, yes, sorry. I’m using Pro Office. And I’ve looked for dtbase2, nothing there. I’ve followed your string and there is an “inbox.dtBase2” but there are only a couple of files in there…
I don’t understand why I can’t find anything in my time machine update! :question:
Thanks for you help!

Do you remember where you created the databases? By default DEVONthink suggests the Documents folder but they can be created anywhere.

I keep thinking…

I keep looking…it MUST be somewhere…

Did you have any external drives connected to the machine?

You could also use EasyFind to scan all volumes: Enable the options “Unix-Wildcards”, “Ignore Case”, “Package Contents” and “Invisible Files & Folders”, then select “All Volumes” in the popup menu and finally enter the search term *.dtBase2