Backup von DB's direkt in die iCloud

Hallo zusammen,
nach einem Dauerreboot meines Macs durch Intego Virenscanner habe ich meinen Mac neu aufgesetzt. Leider hatte ich mir ein Script nicht gesichert in dem ich direkt ein DB Backup in das lokale Verzeichnis (icloud sync) gemacht habe.
Ich hatte die Vorlage dazu im Forum hier gefunden - aber es ist halt jetzt einfach wech …
Schon einmal vielen Dank!
Atze

Skripte sind in ~/Library/Application Scripts/com.devon-technologies.think3 installiert, also schlage ich vor, dass Sie Ihre Backups auf das Skript überprüfen, auf das Sie sich beziehen.

(Übersetzt mit macOS)

Hello Bluefrog :wink:
thanks a lot for quick reply. I’m using the provided scripts- but I like to change the destination path from from Backup to a folder in iCloud.
I know there are an option - similar ~/Library/Mobile\ Documents/com~apple~CloudDocs/Backup**/DevonThink/** - but the script do not work if I insert the destination path - I assume is an error Mobile\ Documents - but I’m not sure which separator I have to use.
Thanks
Atze

You’re welcome :slight_smile:
I don’t know how wise it would be to write a compressed file directly in iCloud Drive. Especially when compressing a multi-gigabyte database, I don’t know if the iCloud processes would wait for the file to be finished writing before it started trying to upload. You’d think it would be okay but I don’t trust Apple’s QA like I once did.

Perhaps it wouldn’t be a problem but an issue may only be found when restoring from the backup archive.

• This isn’t your only or primary backup, is it?

Also, the path doesn’t have to escape spaces and why do you have asterisks in the path?

A valid path in the script would be akin to…

set this_archive to "~/Library/Mobile Documents/com~apple~CloudDocs/DEVONtech Test/" & this_name & " " & this_date & ".dtBase2.zip"

Good morning @BLUEFROG
first thanks - sometimes you can’t see the wood for the trees. The Asterix was the bad guy!

Well, during the Backup the ZIP will be created on the local storage and sync start if the file was created. I agree with your concerns - but in the past it worked perfect.
Only Backup - Yes until now - but also from today per Time Machine. ChronoSync or Arc is expensive and I don’t like to pay for an additional tool …

Thanks again
Atze

rsync is software which is “open source” and “free”. Used to be delivered as part of macOS (I think). Don’t know about now. https://rsync.samba.org