Bad pubmed problem?

Just tried this DA Pro search [a scheduled search I’ve run a few times now], in which the crucial part is to return items having “sex ratio” as part of the result. Search => “sex ratio” AND (rat OR rats OR [etc] OR human* OR mammalian) AND (toxic* [etc]) NOT (mite OR wasp [etc])

The problem is that some of my high ranking results do not actually have “sex ratio” in the result at all. However >> they appear to have “sex ratio” in the “Recent Activity” part of the page – i.e., other recent pubmed searches. I assume this is happening in real time, and so the DA engine is truly being confused by its own previous search results against Pubmed (or maybe one of mine?), in which it did find a result with “sex ratio”.

I’ve attached the page so you can see what I mean.

Pubmed is a vital resource to my work, and finding the results through pubmed (rather than, say, Google Scholar) is much better for a number of reasons (e.g., getting the PDFs through the university).

Any thoughts on how to stop this problem? Thanks much.

Could you please switch to the text view (see Web > View > Text) and check whether the text contains the desired terms? In addition, the next maintenance release will update the PubMed plugin. If you’re interested in a beta, just send me an email.

Hi Christian,

I haven’t looked at very many, but here’s an example in text view [below].

Incidentally, I looked at my search again and see that it has less () than I thought. But i don’t think that would cause this problem. The search was: “sex ratio” AND [various animals] AND [various chemicals] NOT [various insects]

I don’t actually know how the precedence of the logical operators would work here.

Thanks.

[b]~~~~~~~~ EXAMPLE: “sex ratio” is not found in this hit. It is found in the massive amount of other stuff laying around the pubmed page – in this case, “recent activity [aka searches]”[/b]

Resources
All Resources
Chemicals & Bioassays
BioSystems
PubChem BioAssay
PubChem Compound
PubChem Structure Search
PubChem Substance
All Chemicals & Bioassays Resources…
DNA & RNA
BLAST (Basic Local Alignment Search Tool)
BLAST (Stand-alone)
E-Utilities
GenBank
GenBank: BankIt
GenBank: Sequin
GenBank: tbl2asn
Genome Workbench
Influenza Virus
Nucleotide Database
PopSet
Primer-BLAST
ProSplign
Reference Sequence (RefSeq)
RefSeqGene
Sequence Read Archive (SRA)
Splign
Trace Archive
UniGene
UniSTS
All DNA & RNA Resources…
Data & Software
BLAST (Stand-alone)
Cn3D
Conserved Domain Search Service (CD Search)
E-Utilities
GenBank: BankIt
GenBank: Sequin
Genome ProtMap
Genome Workbench
Primer-BLAST
ProSplign
PubChem Structure Search
SNP Submission Tool
Splign
Vector Alignment Search Tool (VAST)
All Data & Software Resources…
Domains & Structures
BioSystems
Cn3D
Conserved Domain Database (CDD)
Structure (Molecular Modeling Database)
Vector Alignment Search Tool (VAST)
All Domains & Structures Resources…
Genes & Expression
BioSystems
Database of Genotypes and Phenotypes (dbGaP)
E-Utilities
Gene
Gene Expression Omnibus (GEO) Database
Gene Expression Omnibus (GEO) Datasets
Gene Expression Omnibus (GEO) Profiles
Genome Workbench
HomoloGene
Map Viewer
Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man (OMIM)
RefSeqGene
UniGene
All Genes & Expression Resources…
Genetics & Medicine
Bookshelf
Influenza Virus
Map Viewer
Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man (OMIM)
PubMed
PubMed Central (PMC)
PubMed Clinical Queries
RefSeqGene
All Genetics & Medicine Resources…
Genomes & Maps
Database of Genomic Structural Variation (dbVar)
Genome
Genome Project
Genome ProtMap
Genome Workbench
Influenza Virus
Map Viewer
Nucleotide Database
PopSet
ProSplign
Sequence Read Archive (SRA)
Splign
Trace Archive
UniSTS
All Genomes & Maps Resources…
Homology
BLAST (Stand-alone)
BLAST Link (BLink)
Genome ProtMap
HomoloGene
Protein Clusters
All Homology Resources…
Literature
Bookshelf
E-Utilities
Journals in NCBI Databases
MeSH Database
NCBI Handbook
NCBI Help Manual
NCBI News
PubMed
PubMed Central (PMC)
PubMed Clinical Queries
All Literature Resources…
Proteins
BioSystems
BLAST (Stand-alone)
BLAST Link (BLink)
E-Utilities
ProSplign
Protein Clusters
Protein Database
Reference Sequence (RefSeq)
All Proteins Resources…
Sequence Analysis
BLAST (Stand-alone)
BLAST Link (BLink)
Genome ProtMap
Genome Workbench
Influenza Virus
Primer-BLAST
ProSplign
Splign
All Sequence Analysis Resources…
Taxonomy
Taxonomy
Taxonomy Browser
Taxonomy Common Tree
All Taxonomy Resources…
Training & Tutorials
NCBI Education Page
NCBI Handbook
NCBI Help Manual
NCBI News
Science Primer
All Training & Tutorials Resources…
Variation
Database of Genomic Structural Variation (dbVar)
Database of Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms (dbSNP)
SNP Submission Tool
All Variation Resources…
How To
All How To
Chemicals & Bioassays
DNA & RNA
Data & Software
Domains & Structures
Genes & Expression
Genetics & Medicine
Genomes & Maps
Homology
Literature
Proteins
Sequence Analysis
Taxonomy
Training & Tutorials
Variation
Skip to main content
Skip to navigation
About NCBI Accesskeys
My NCBI Sign In Sign Out

PubMed

US National Library of Medicine National Institutes of Health

Search termSearch database

Search

Limits
Advanced
Help
Display Settings:

Abstract
Format
Summary
Summary (text)
Abstract
Abstract (text)
MEDLINE
XML
PMID List
Apply

Send to:

Choose Destination
File
Clipboard
Collections
Order
My Bibliography
Create File

MeSH and Other Data
Subject
Additional text

“SPAM” filtering software notice

Toxicol Lett. 2011 Dec 15;207(3):298-305. Epub 2011 Sep 29.

Pharmacokinetics of bisphenol A in neonatal and adult CD-1 mice: inter-species comparisons with Sprague-Dawley rats and rhesus monkeys.

Doerge DR , Twaddle NC , Vanlandingham M , Fisher JW .

Source

Division of Biochemical Toxicology, National Center for Toxicological Research, U.S. Food and Drug Administration, Jefferson, AR 72079, USA. daniel.doerge@fda.hhs.gov

Abstract

Bisphenol A (BPA) is an important industrial chemical used in the manufacture of polycarbonate plastic products and epoxy resin-based food can liners. The presence of BPA metabolites in urine of >90% of Americans aged 6-60 suggests ubiquitous and frequent exposure at levels largely below 1 μg/kg bw/d. The current study used LC/MS/MS to measure serum pharmacokinetics of unconjugated (active) and conjugated (inactive) BPA in adult and neonatal CD-1 mice by oral and subcutaneous (SC) injection routes. Deuterated BPA was used to avoid issues of background contamination. Significant inverse relationships were observed between postnatal age and measures of internal exposures (C(max)) to unconjugated BPA after oral administration. Phase II conjugation, area under the time-concentration curve (AUC), and elimination half-time of unconjugated BPA were also inversely related to age. In postnatal day (PND) 3 mice, the combination of under-developed Phase II metabolism, rapid absorption, and slow elimination kinetics led to equivalent internal exposures for unconjugated BPA from oral and SC routes; however, maturing metabolic capabilities in PND 10 and older mice, led to large and significant route effects. The significant inverse age-related developmental profiles from PND 3 through adulthood for unconjugated BPA internal exposure metrics from oral administration to CD-1 mice and Sprague-Dawley rats were remarkably similar; however, the developmental profile was quite different for neonatal rhesus monkeys in which small insignificant age-related differences were observed. These results suggest that an adverse effect from BPA observed in rodent models, attributable to exposure during a discrete time period of neonatal development, would be less likely for comparable neonatal primate dosing based on internal dosimetry. On the other hand in all adults of all species studied, including humans, a low oral dose of BPA produced similarly small internal exposures for the unconjugated form, reflecting the dominant effect of presystemic Phase II metabolism.

Published by Elsevier Ireland Ltd.

PMID:
[PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
Publication Types, MeSH Terms, Substances, Grant Support

Publication Types

Comparative Study
Research Support, N.I.H., Extramural
Research Support, U.S. Gov’t, P.H.S.
MeSH Terms

Administration, Oral
Age Factors
Animals
Animals, Newborn/metabolism
Female
Injections, Subcutaneous
Macaca mulatta
Male
Mice
Phenols/administration & dosage
Phenols/blood
Phenols/pharmacokinetics*
Rats
Rats, Sprague-Dawley
Species Specificity
Substances

Phenols
bisphenol A
Grant Support

224-07-0007/PHS HHS/United States
Y1ES1027/ES/NIEHS NIH HHS/United States
LinkOut - more resources

Full Text Sources

Elsevier Science
EBSCO
OhioLINK Electronic Journal Center
Swets Information Services
Other Literature Sources

Labome Researcher Resource - ExactAntigen/Labome
Molecular Biology Databases

BISPHENOL A DISODIUM SALT - HSDB
4,4’-BISPHENOL A - HSDB
Supplemental Content

Related citations

Pharmacokinetics of bisphenol A in neonatal and adult rhesus monkeys. [Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2010]

Pharmacokinetics of bisphenol A in neonatal and adult rhesus monkeys.

Doerge DR, Twaddle NC, Woodling KA, Fisher JW. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2010 Oct 1; 248(1):1-11. Epub 2010 Jul 23.

Pharmacokinetics of bisphenol A in neonatal and adult Sprague-Dawley rats. [Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2010]

Pharmacokinetics of bisphenol A in neonatal and adult Sprague-Dawley rats.

Doerge DR, Twaddle NC, Vanlandingham M, Fisher JW. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2010 Sep 1; 247(2):158-65. Epub 2010 Jun 26.

Final Report on Carcinogens Background Document for Styrene. [Rep Carcinog Backgr Doc. 2008]

Final Report on Carcinogens Background Document for Styrene.

National Toxicology Program. Rep Carcinog Backgr Doc. 2008 Sep; (8-5978):i-398.

Review Similarity of bisphenol A pharmacokinetics in rhesus monkeys and mice: relevance for human exposure. [Environ Health Perspect. 2011]

Review Similarity of bisphenol A pharmacokinetics in rhesus monkeys and mice: relevance for human exposure.

Taylor JA, Vom Saal FS, Welshons WV, Drury B, Rottinghaus G, Hunt PA, Toutain PL, Laffont CM, VandeVoort CA. Environ Health Perspect. 2011 Apr; 119(4):422-30. Epub 2010 Sep 17.

Review Derivation of a bisphenol A oral reference dose (RfD) and drinking-water equivalent concentration. [J Toxicol Environ Health B Cri…]

Review Derivation of a bisphenol A oral reference dose (RfD) and drinking-water equivalent concentration.

Willhite CC, Ball GL, McLellan CJ. J Toxicol Environ Health B Crit Rev. 2008 Feb; 11(2):69-146.

See reviews… See all…

Related information

Related Citations

Calculated set of PubMed citations closely related to the selected article(s) retrieved using a word weight algorithm. Related articles are displayed in ranked order from most to least relevant, with the “linked from” citation displayed first.

Compound (MeSH Keyword)

PubChem chemical compound records that are classified under the same Medical Subject Headings (MeSH) controlled vocabulary as the current articles.

Substance (MeSH Keyword)

PubChem chemical substance (submitted) records that are classified under the same Medical Subject Headings (MeSH) controlled vocabulary as the current articles.

Recent activity

Clear Turn Off Turn On

Pharmacokinetics of bisphenol A in neonatal and adult CD-1 mice: inter-species c…

Pharmacokinetics of bisphenol A in neonatal and adult CD-1 mice: inter-species comparisons with Sprague-Dawley rats and rhesus monkeys.

Toxicol Lett. 2011 Dec 15 ;207(3):298-305. Epub 2011 Sep 29 .

PubMed

Sex ratio and phoretic mites of fleas (Siphonaptera: Pulicidae and Hystrichopsyl…

Sex ratio and phoretic mites of fleas (Siphonaptera: Pulicidae and Hystrichopsyllidae) on the Nile grass rat (Arvicanthis niloticus) in Kenya.

J Med Entomol. 1993 Jan ;30(1):122-35.

PubMed

Sex ratio bias in postpartum-conceived Norway rat litters is produced by embryon…

Sex ratio bias in postpartum-conceived Norway rat litters is produced by embryonic loss in midpregnancy.

J Reprod Fertil. 1999 Nov ;117(2):403-11.

PubMed

Perinatal exposure to bisphenol a alters early adipogenesis in the rat.

Perinatal exposure to bisphenol a alters early adipogenesis in the rat.

Environ Health Perspect. 2009 Oct ;117(10):1549-55. Epub 2009 Jun 29 .

PubMed

The size of the splenium of the rat corpus callosum: influence of hormones, sex …

The size of the splenium of the rat corpus callosum: influence of hormones, sex ratio, and neonatal cryoanesthesia.

Dev Psychobiol. 1998 Dec ;33(4):295-303.

PubMed

Your browsing activity is empty.

Activity recording is turned off.

Turn recording back on

See more…

You are here: NCBI > Literature > PubMed

Write to the Help Desk

Simple NCBI Directory

Getting Started

NCBI Education
NCBI Help Manual
NCBI Handbook
Training & Tutorials
Resources

Chemicals & Bioassays
Data & Software
DNA & RNA
Domains & Structures
Genes & Expression
Genetics & Medicine
Genomes & Maps
Homology
Literature
Proteins
Sequence Analysis
Taxonomy
Training & Tutorials
Variation
Popular

PubMed
Nucleotide
BLAST
PubMed Central
Gene
Bookshelf
Protein
OMIM
Genome
SNP
Structure
Featured

GenBank
Reference Sequences
Map Viewer
Genome Projects
Human Genome
Mouse Genome
Influenza Virus
Primer-BLAST
Sequence Read Archive
NCBI Information

About NCBI
Research at NCBI
NCBI Newsletter
NCBI FTP Site
NCBI on Facebook
NCBI on Twitter
NCBI on YouTube
NLM

NIH

DHHS

Copyright | Disclaimer | Privacy | Accessibility | Contact

National Center for Biotechnology Information , U.S. National Library of Medicine 8600 Rockville Pike, Bethesda MD, 20894 USA

Could you please save the search (via File > Save As…) as an .agentSearch file, zip the file and send it to cgrunenberg - at - devon-technologies.com? Thanks in advance!

Greetings,

I’m trying to develop several specific searches for pubMed using DA, but am running into difficulty with the specifics. For example I would like to do a reoccurring search for a specific author(i.e., Friston, etc.). Would anyone mind sharing their knowledge on where I can find this information or how to setup this type of query? I think I can get the reoccurring portion figured out…

Also, does anyone know why DTP pub med search returns completely different results from DA?

Thanks to any/all. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Jason