Basic markdown paragraph indent

Haha! No worries and no offense taken. We’re friends in here :slight_smile:

There are indeed instances of both indenting methods. My experiences aren’t the sum total of all known books, for sure.

@chrillek: I hear that! I remember chasing type for old Kluge and Heidelberg windmill presses when I started in print. And old Compugraphic typesetting machines. Ahh… the old days.

I worked on AM and Compugraphics. But frankly I was very happy later on to typeset with a real computer (Atari!) which could interface to a linotype photo typesetter. So much easier to use real software and not this stuff a typesetting company had thrown together. On the computer, you could finally see what you were doing.

1 Like

Edit: this is specifically a DTTG question now

Despite my best intentions I am spending some time trying to figure out how to make one CSS style sheet serve as the style sheet for any md docs that point at it. I have a style header that works in a simple md doc (missing open < to avoid forum formatting) -

style type=“text/css”>
p {
text-indent: 2em;
padding: 10px;
border-radius: 10px;
background-color: rgba(200, 100, 0, 0.25);
}

but I can’t figure out how to add a header in a md doc that points at it. I’ve tried all the things in the Fletcher Penny reference linked from the DTTG handbook.

Currently, there is no way to specify a user-defined stylesheet in DEVONthink To Go.

For DEVONthink, you can set a default stylesheet as noted in the post I linked.

Also, check out the Help > Documentation > Documents > Markdown Documents section.

Sorry that I have caused distractions in your thread.

I love and use both DEVONthink and Scrivener but I would never try to talk anyone who has already found their tool already into using both (or any) of them. There is no one right solution for everyone and the numerous options one has in software nowadays might get distracting in its own way.

Markdown in DEVONthink is a generally good idea. Because if you ever find a use for Scrivener when it comes to finalizing your manuscript you could easily transfer your Markdown content into it. Including structures and footnotes. While the latter would not work in rich text notes because Apple did not implement them.

And now: soccer.

Edit: the following should work in DT and DTTG.
You might consider setting up a md template that contains the appropriate style settings for your case.
Either you have an external stylesheet (no <style> tags!). Than you can include it in your MD file with a style element that references it. Or some kind of md magic at the top of the file (that’s mentioned in the DT manual, I think).

Or you have an internal style (included in style tags) like you posted. That you have to add verbatim too the top of your md file.

If I’ve learnt anything in therapy it’s that distractions come from within. No apology needed.

But I think you can point to a style sheet like discussed here. [markdown-style-sheet-for-dttg] (Markdown style sheet for DTTG - #4 by chrillek)

This was the piece of information I was missing. It works!

Of course :+1:
A CSS stylesheet never contains the style tags, because it is a completely different (from HTML) language. Tags belong to HTML.

1 Like