I have DT3 Server (3 seats) with Bonjour server on my iMac setup as the only Bonjour server allowing incoming connections. The iMac has several scripts that monitor folders and is used for most of my data management. I want advice on setup due to past experience using my intuition that has led to major troubleshooting.
I also have DT3 on my Air and my MacPro with incoming Bonjour connections deselected on those two devices. I want to keep Bonjour as the only connection/sync method for all devices.
I would like to setup and maintain one academic database which would interface primarily with DTTG and be the default launch db on the Air. Is it possible and recommended to create this new database on the Air and Bonjour sync Air to iPad? (It is my understanding that only one device on a network should allow incoming Bonjour. I want to avoid the iMac as the first location to open the academic db because that machine launches five large databases and scripts which are personal, nonacademic, and large users of local resources.
- Three DT3 server seats (iMac, MacPro, Air) and DDTG on one iPad
- All current .dtBase2 files on iMac ~/Databases/
- No databases currently setup on DTTG
- Incoming Bonjour on iMac enabled; disabled on Air, MacPro, and DTTG
- Want to avoid Dropbox, iCloud, and local sync stores if possible (just me, Bonjour, my Air, and my iPad for academic.dtBase2)
- My backups are Time Machine and Backblaze