Best way to link to annotated files- & best doc templates?

I’ve got a bunch of annotated PDFs, and I’m trying to figure out how to create a memo-like document in which I can write up notes, and then link to particular sections of the annotated PDFs.

My question are: (1) is there a better DTP template to work on for this memo-like document (e.g., Rich Text Form, Annotation, something else?), and (2) What’s the best way to create links that go to particular sections of the the annotated PDFs (or even other files)?

By the way, is there an easy way to isolate and look at just a PDF’s annotations in DTP? This feature exists in Mac’s Preview and Adobe Acrobat, but I haven’t been able to figure it out in DTP… Thanks!

Have you used one of the annotation smart templates that come with DEVONthink?

I suspect this is the most active topic in the forum – and so, the topic has been covered in dozens and dozens of threads over the years, with many different scripts and suggestions posted. (I’ve posted several annotation tools and tips here, myself.) If you have a chance, you might want to browse the forum for scripts related to annotations – and also read everything that Bill DeVille has written on the topic of annotating and note taking. External to this forum, there are numerous blogs where researchers and others have shared their approaches to annotation.

It’s not a current feature, but it would be welcome. +1

Annotations added in DEVONthink will be seen in Preview, so for now you can open the document there and and view or browse the annotations.

Thanks very much for this. Are there any posts or scripts that you’d recommend that I look at in particular?

Thanks very much again…