Bi-directional Sync

Hi, I’m using DT also to manage my lectures at Univ. and I’ve set up a hierarchic group template which builds a structure like this:
Course Name
- Office Documents (schedules, syllabi etc)
- Lectures
Notes
PPT
Support Material

etc

Now everything works as expected but I’d like to have this group reflected in a dropbox folder so that I can access Power Point in classroom and other files on the go. How can I do it?
The most obvious solution would have been the other way round (to structure the folder hierarchy in the finder and have it indexed) but group template is faster and, as I work mostly in DT, every change I make in DT should be manually exported to the Finder. Another possibility is attaching a script to the group to “move outside” and then sync I tried this, from an old thread but doesn’t work for me:

on triggered(theRecord)
	try
		tell application id "com.devon-technologies.thinkpro2"
			deconsolidate record theRecord
			synchronize record theRecord
		end tell
	end try
end triggered

It is attached to the ‘root’ group in DT but it doesn’t work, any suggestion?
Thanks

“Deconsolidate” only works if it is pointed at an indexed group that contains children who are internal to the database. It moves the internal children to the external folder. So, the “other way around” is actually the scenario where this script makes sense.

(BTW, you can delete the “synchronize record theRecord” statement – it is deprecated and will do nothing from version 2.7.x forward. Indexes are now updated automatically.)

(BTW BTW: there is no real “bi-directional sync” between DEVONthink and indexed groups – if the internal hierarchy changes, DEVONthink will not make the external hierarchy mirror it.)