BigSur Mail Plugin M1 Mac

Is the mail plugin suppose to work on M1 Mac? Everything look good on my Intel MBP (same MacOS version) but the plugin refuse to activate on my M1 mac (all access permission look OK on the system side): Incompatible with Mail 14.0 according to Mail…

Thanks!

Mine is activated. Do you have last DT version (3.6.3)?

Running the beta…but this is true on the M1 MacMini and Intel MBP. Works very well on the Intel mac…Never worked on the MacMini yet…

Are you running 11.2.3 Big Sur?

I’m running Big Sur 11.2.3 and don’t even see an option in Mail/Prefs to manage plugins.

Do you have your Home directory on an external drive?

No it’s on the internal SSD of my Mac Mini M1. Maybe it has something to do with Apple Silicon?

It’s working as expected on an M1 Air here.

Try this…

1. Quit Mail.

2. Quit DEVONthink 3.

3. Enable Full disk access and all Automation requests for DEVONthink 3 in System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy.

4. In the Finder, hold the Option key and choose Go > Library.

5. Go into the Mail/Bundles folder and delete the DEVONthink.mailbundle.

6. Relaunch DEVONthink 3 and install the Mail plugin from DEVONthink 3 > Install Add-Ons.

7. Relaunch Mail and enable the plugin via Apple Mail’s Preferences > General > Manage Plug-ins.

1 Like

That worked, Jim, Thanks.

I’ve alreqdy mentioned to the DT staff the plugin activation process appears to be buggy. And it might be so for a long time if I take the number of topics regarding the plugin activation into aacount.

The problem apparently is: DT cannot check whether macOS has performed certain steps, as the OS doesn’t allow it.

My suggestion (as mentioned in this thread a while ago):

Create a ‘wizard’ that has the user manually check whether macOS activated certain steps correctly. That’s tedious of course, but it only needs to be performed once.

But it might very well be another solution is possible of course.

@BLUEFROG

Yes 11.2.3.

Just found something fishy. Even if I delete the bundle in Library/Mail/Bundles/, I find a similarly named bundle in Application Support/Mail/Plug-ins/Bundles/Users/beaulieu/Library/Mail/Bundles. And here even in the terminal and using sudo I cannot remove it…In DTTG is says that the bundle is already installed…

Any pointer to get rid of this “extra file”?

Development would have to comment on that file.

Did you do this…

1. Quit Mail.

2. Quit DEVONthink 3.

3. Enable Full disk access and all Automation requests for DEVONthink 3 in System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy.

4. In the Finder, hold the Option key and choose Go > Library.

5. Go into the Mail/Bundles folder and delete the DEVONthink.mailbundle.

6. Relaunch DEVONthink 3 and install the Mail plugin from DEVONthink 3 > Install Add-Ons.

7. Relaunch Mail and enable the plugin via Apple Mail’s Preferences > General > Manage Plug-ins.

Multiple times over…

Beta what?