Bonjour between DTPO and 2 DTTG devices

After having problems with syncing my Macbook, iPad and iPhone via iCloud I tried to sync via Bonjour. On first view it works fine. But then i noticed the following obscure behaviour: I change a PDF file with Apple Pencil on my iPad. It syncs with the Macbook. So the macbook as the Bonjour server has the changed PDF. Then i expect that the change will arrive at the iPhone with the next sync: but what happens? The iPhone sends its copy of the file (without the change made on iPad) to the Mac and there the change is overwritten. Fortunately i have my iPad version of the file which does’nt get overwritten.

Have i anything misunderstood? It’s not the way syncing should work in my opinion. I tried both settings “conflicts: duplicate/use latest”, that makes no difference in regard to this behaviour.

thanks in advance for any help
Klaus

Welcome @kh57

You’re syncing with what version of DEVONthink on the Mac and what operating system?

Hello Bluefrog,

I have DTPO 2.11.3 and macOS Mojave 10.14.6

Klaus

Thanks!
We are currently investigating a sync issue that is specific to 2.x. It is not occurring with DEVONthink 3 - and I just followed your steps to confirm this.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Does it mean that it is a known and reproducable problem with DTPO 2.x? I rather thought that there is something wrong with my settings …?

Not necessarily “known and reproducible”, but it certainly may be related.

And it might be related to a behavior of DEVONthink To Go 2.7.1 and earlier: Do you use the latest version, 2.7.2, of DEVONthink To Go?

yes, DEVONthink To Go 2.7.2 (16365) on both IOS devices