Bug: Group flags no longer reflect flag status of contents

One of the things that I rely on DT for is quick and simple project management. Within my project management database, each folder (group) is a project or a task and the contents of a group are that project/task’s subtasks and/or supporting notes/links/etc.

I’ve been using DT’s flags as my completion checkmarks, but now the behavior of those flags has changed significantly. At one time, when all the records inside a group were flagged then DT automatically flagged the group. Now, the flag status of a “parent” group is no longer determined by the flag status of it’s “child” contents. This has created major problems for me, as my top-level project completion view is no longer accurate. I must now go into each group to see whether the records inside it are flagged (and further on down the rabbit-hole for subtask groups, including several groups that are replicants).

To simplify this bug report, here are the expected and actual behaviors of flags in several situations (some of which are still OK - the bugs are marked with a *):

ACTION:
EXPECTED BEHAVIOR / ACTUAL BEHAVIOR

Flag a group:
All children are flagged / All children are flagged

Un-flag a group:
All children are un-flagged / All children are un-flagged

Flag a record (parent group contains flagged and un-flagged records):
Parent group is unchanged / Parent group is unchanged

Un-flag a record (parent group contains flagged and un-flagged records):
Parent group is unchanged / Parent group is unchanged

*Flag the last un-flagged record in a group:
Parent group is automatically flagged / Parent group is unchanged

*Un-flag a record in a flagged group:
Parent group is automatically un-flagged / Parent group is unchanged

Please let me know how to correct this or provide an update as soon as possible. I’ve come to depend on DEVONthink for keeping on top of many projects and complex relationships between projects, and this bug breaks one of the fundamental mechanisms of that system!

Thank you for any help that you can provide.

I would issue this as a bug report to Contact.

I received a reply from Christian, who indicated that this bug was reproducible and would be corrected in an upcoming maintenance update. Christian also directed me to the link for DTProOffice 2.3.5 for use in the interim.

May thanks to Christian and the folks at DEVON for their prompt assistance!