Bug ?? Update 1.8.1 produce a beach ball

I have updated from 1.8 to 1.8.1
I use the trial version for 6 days
I have deletd .plist after upgrade.

If I will move a file in a folder in the browser window, beach ball comes and I must quit the programm. I have it done for 3 times with the same result.

I have 10.2.6.

Have somebody the same problem.

I would buy the application but not with this bug !!!

Jochen (.de)

Jochen,

which view (icons, list, etc. - see menu “View”) do you use and where did you drop the folder? Maybe it’s the same “beach ball bug” related to column views mentioned in a different thread? If you’re interested, I’ll send you the latest build fixing this bug.

Thanks admin for quick answer.
I have on left the browser view with notepad (alt+apple+4).
In notepad there are 4 folder and 2 files.
I would move the file "print job.pdf" in folder 3. I have generated the file "print job.pdf" in safari with PRINT / Save to DEVONthink (script)

Jochen (.de)

Hey admin

I have done the same action with an other file named "xyz.rtf"
This is no problem and after that I have done the action I wrote before with …pdf. and then Devonthink freeze.

Jochen (.de)

Next info, step by step.

Moving file "print job.pdf" in the view icons it works correct.

Jochen (.de)

Jochen,

do you use any third party extensions (e.g. APE hacks)? Is there anything logged to the system console (see /Applications/Utilities/Console.app)? Everything works as expected over here and we didn’t receive any similar reports so far. Or could you stuff your database and upload the archive to <ftp://ftp.devon-technologies.com/incoming>? Then we could check this on our own. Thanks!

Thanks for answer.

…(e.g. APE hacks)… Nothing, I don’t know what this is.

I will see it this evenig or tomorrow. Today I let build in a second harddrive in my Mac from a shop and the dealer and he will also install 10.3.x.

Jochen (.de)

Just a note - APE modules are things like FruitMenu, WindowShape, ShapeShifter or Xounds (see unsanity.com). Those "haxies" are definitely hacks and can cause troubles. And actually they do cause troubles (e.g. redraw problems, non-working services, crashes etc.)!

I don’t use haxies.:wink:

I have clean installed panther of a new internal hd.
I have done the same workflow.
No problem, it works correct.

Jochen (.de)

Jochen,

please check the new version 1.8.1a - hopefully this will solve the problems (difficult to tell as nobody else has reported similar problems related to the note pad view).