Can I eliminate formatting?

Hi. I’m importing a whole bunch of .pdf stuff and they always come up with the pdf “enter” formatting in them. Can I eliminate that… I want to be able to extract the text to a new document without the old formatting???

HELP???

What do you mean by “enter” formatting? Are these perhaps encrypted PDFs that can’t be opened without the correct password?

I turn a .pdf into a text file and after I do that it’s in the same format–i.e. columns or something, where it registers the “new lines” like when you hit “return” on the keyboard. I’m sure there’s a name for that but it’s not a new paragraph, it’s just a new line. So I’m hoping I can make the text so it doesn’t have that formatting… i.e. as if it had been written without anyone pressing the return button to register new lines. Am I making any sense? Probably not.

An Example:

I want the text to run on and on and on and on and on INSTEAD
of
running
like this
is
now
that
i’m
pressing the
return
button…

Sorry for being so confusing in my description.

That’s a somewhat frustrating artifact of text conversion from PDF. There’s nothing DEVONtechnologies can do about it.

But select all of the text, then choose Services > Format > Reformat. That will get rid of all the extra line endings. Unfortunately, it will also get rid of line endings that should separate paragraphs, as well.