Can not find string in URL (using DEVONnote)

Hi, I am a new user of Devonnote and I have a problem. I have a note containing amongst other things the following:

Art News
artnews.de/

where the URL is a link and Art News is a text. Now I have not found any search parameters which allowed DEVONnote to find “artnews” in the url.
Whats more puzzling with unsharp as a parameter the word partners in another record was found with artne selected but again not artnews.de . What parameters do I have to choose so that I can find strings within URLs or links.

Thanks

Kuka

Use the “Phrase” parameter to find partial words. Works e.g. for the above example.

Best,

Eric.

Use the “Phrase” parameter to find partial words. Works e.g. for the above example.

Unfortunately it does not work here. My Parameters:

Alles, Phrase, Groß = klein
Searchstring: artnews

I tried the following:

I added a new RTF document (Doc-1) and wrote artnews as text.
Doc-1 was found with the above parameters.

I added another document (Doc-2) and wrote artnews.de as text. Doc-1 and Doc-2 were found with the above parameters.

I changed artnews.de in Doc-2 from text to Link.
Only Doc-1 was found with the above parameters.

Any idea?

Regards

Kuka[/b]

Ah, now I understand, you did not create a link document, but a link in a rich text document. Yes, I can’t get it to work here either. Seems to be a bug, I’ll forward this to our developer.

Best,

Eric.

It’s actually not a bug, it’s a known limiation as DT scans only the “body” of RTF documents and links are not part of the text body. An update of the RTF parser in one of the next 1.9.x releases will improve this.

OK, now I know it’s not my fault :slight_smile: Will you update the RTF parser in DevonNote too?

Thanks.

Regards

Kuka

Sure. Both use the same parser.