Can not import PDFs

Hi
As heading says, PDFs can no longer be included.

1. If I drag & drop into an existing entry, it looks OK. Selecting another entry for view and then revert back to the one with the PDF, this entry is now empty, 0 bytes!
  2. Importing into an entry will fail. The log-window just states the time:filename and the message “failed”

I have checked the Import tab in Preferences and I can see nothing odd.

I’m new to DT, so I definitely need some help here.

Regards
Gunnar

I have some more info…
The database resides in an encrypted sparsebundle. If I create a new database on the regular filesystem there is no problems with either drag & drop nor import of PDFs.
Now I know for sure I need some help.
Regards
Gunnar

Me again

Verified that the problem is with the sparse bundle. Copying the database out in the open and there is no problems importing or including PDFs. Doing same with the encrypted database fails and erases whatever was in the entry where the PDF was included.

Really eager to have this solved.

Regards
Gunnar

Others have reported in the past a problem with the sparse bundle size-might be what you are encountering also? A search here for “sparsebundle” may turn up some info that is helpful.

Guess who—
Seems that the problem was very simple, the sparse bundle was filled up. Creating a new, larger, bundle and moving the database and everything is back to working order.
Somewhere back in my head, is a notion that sparse bundles increased automatically in size. This seems not to be the case, at least for encrypted ones. Will take this on as a study object.
Regards
Gunnar

Sparsebundles have a maximum size defined, and the physical size increases in 8kb bands up to that maximum but not beyond. Until you resize and/or compact the sparsebundle with disk utility or hdiutil in Terminal.

Thanks for replies.
Yes, I think I have an understanding now.
I can also report that the Disk Utility cannot change the sparse bundle size. It is selectable, new size can be given, it can be told to do the change. The Disk Utility log will report the change as done, but the size is infact not altered. The only way I found was to use the hdiutil command.

However, for me the case is closed. I increased the size and my database is up and running well.

Regards
Gunnar