Cannot delete some files orphaned by DEVONthink To Go

I’m fine with doing that, but I expect I’ll wait until you think that it might be fixed. I’m not traveling now so there’s about zero security risk with the orphaned documents, and setting up sync from scratch is something I’ll put off as long as is possible.

Oh, I forgot to mention-I gave the two examples of apps that move deleted documents to the Files.app recently deleted area, but I’ve never seen another app orphan its documents there. Mentioning only in the hope of being helpful.

Yes, that was the idea. We fix the issue, then you can reinstall to clean the plate.

1 Like

It’s now around a year since this was first mentioned.(To clarify, after reading this thread, I have exactly the same issues). I know you’re busy with new versions of DTTG but it’s extremely irritating to still have all these file headers in my recently deleted. My question is, why is it only DTTG that has this issue? Surely a year should be long enough to check it out and compare with other apps that use that same mechanism??

Most other apps use a traditional file structure whereas DEVONthink To Go is fully database-driven and so creates a virtual file system here. This might be part of the problem. DEVONthink To Go 3 relies solely on its own trash here which solves this issue as a byproduct.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply, looking forward to DTTG 3.