Cannot import a synced database

Been struggling for days to get a database to sync from a work machine to my home machine. All attempts to IMPORT the database (synced via dropbox) end with a “file not found” log entry, and then it cancels entire import (why it cancels due to one missing fie is a oddity).

At the host machine, I have verified and repaired (OK), as well as the export/import option (rebuild) and resycned, all to no avail. Same error, on same file, and kills import. As such, just cannot get at my database on home machine.

This is the only db giving me this issue. Two others syncing fine across same two machines.

Suggestions?

Please try the Sync operation again AFTER following these instructions…

To enable logging, type the following in /Applications/Utilities/Terminal.app and restart DEVONthink:

defaults write com.devon-technologies.thinkpro2 DTSyncDebug -bool YES
defaults write com.devon-technologies.thinkpro2 DTSyncDebugHigh -bool YES

This will log more detail to your system log, which can be viewed in /Applications/Utilities/Console.app.

After you’ve attempted the Sync, open Console, type “DEVONthink” in the filter field in the upper right-hand corner, and copy and paste ALL of the window’s contents into a new text document. Start a Support Ticket at our DEVONtechnologies Support Ticket System and attach the document to your reply. Thank you.

Thank you, a ticket has been raised.

Support were very fast to respond to the ticket (identify and delete the Dropbox/Apps/Devonthink/databases store) and the issue was resolved.

Thanks for the excellent customer service from DevonTech.

My pleasure!

To all: This is not always the answer to a Sync problem with Dropbox but it can be a useful approach to start afresh.