Can't complete sync with Dropbox

I just installed the beta version of the sync plugins and set it up with Dropbox. I’ve tried to sync my main database with Dropbox twice, and each time I’ve received an error message that looks something like this:

The plugin is still being developed. Since you’ve had an error, I would not use it at the moment and hold off until the next public beta.

Any clue when that might be? I’m starting a project that will require me to be able to access and change my DTPO database from multiple locations. If it’s going to be a while until the next Beta, I may try syncing with a WebDAV server.

If you are the only user, you might have better success (and faster time) carrying your database on a thumbdrive – even if/when a sync plugin is available.

I am thinking of using DEVONthink with Dropbox as I have learned that it is possible. Where should I start with it?

You could Index-capture files stored in a Dropbox folder into a DEVONthink database.

However, we don’t support running your database within Dropbox, as a number of users have experienced database damage and lost data. The short answer is that it’s possible, but dangerous.

We are developing a Sync plugin for DEVONthink that will make syncing databases on more than one computer possible, including via Dropbox. We don’t predict release dates of new features.

You could Index-capture files stored in a Dropbox folder into a DEVONthink database.

However, we don’t support running your database within Dropbox, as a number of users have experienced database damage and lost data. The short answer is that it’s possible, but dangerous.

We are developing a Sync plugin for DEVONthink that will make syncing databases on more than one computer possible, including via Dropbox. We don’t predict release dates of new features.