Can't do name search and sort by date

Am I missing something in DTG’s latest version? When I search a database on my mac version for a keyword, I am able to see the results sorted by date. I can’t seem to do this for DTG. Is this a missing feature?

Welcome @upstartguy

That is correct. Currently, search results in DEVONthink To Go are not sortable. This may be a feature of the next major release - and no, I can’t give you a timeframe on any development releases.

Bumping this issue. Missing the sort feature for search results. Especially the ability to sort by date is crucial. Or did I miss a hidden feature?

Welcome @Devonben

No there is no hidden feature. Sorting the search results is currently not available in DEVONthink To Go. This is planned for a future release. Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Wow, at the very least–one would hope–we should be able to sort on the desktop then synch-sort…so-to-speak. In our situ, we have Dt Server 3–though we haven’t managed to set it up properly. Is it–in the web interface–able to sort for Dt 2 Go?

The web interface is unrelated to DEVONthink To Go, including its search functions.
The web interface is sortable by a few attributes, but we are currently updating the underlying frameworks, so it may not operate as expected at this moment. Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Thx for the response. FYI, it’s an important issue. We’ve been using Dt for eight or nine yers and it has been terribly difficult w/ out sort-ability. My wife is a professional who uses Dt2Go on her iPad–w/ her clients–and has hundreds of docs per client. She has to wade through all the docs on her iPad each time she sees an individual client, which occurs nine or ten times per day. Needless to say, it’s easy to miss something (i.e., overlook or not find the necessary doc) under those circumstances. Other than that, we love Dt and hope it gets worked out. It would be an invaluable improvement over the current status…thx again.

Hello Bluefrog, are there new informations about Sorting the search results? I find it really hard to find the right item in the search results.

Nothing concrete to report at this time but it’s on our list.

1 Like

Thx!