→ALL
→ → LABEL is not YELLOW
→ANY
→→ NAME is “Electric Bill”
→→NAME is “Telephone Bill”

DO
CHANGE LABEL to YELLOW
DISPLAY ALERT “New Bill”

When I click ok and then open it again, it compresses out the nested predicates. My goal is that if it is one of my bills and I haven’t set the label to Yellow, then I set the Label to Yellow and Display an Alert.

Am I confused about how this works?

You don’t need to set the Label in a subpredicate since it’s a required criterion, regardless of the Name.

OK that makes sense. But I still can’t get it to work. In the attached picture you see at the top the item in my inbox with a purple label. Below that is the rule. The rule triggers as soon as I close the smart rule and the label on the item is changed to yellow. But an hour later I get the alert again. Clearly the whole purpose of the label was to avoid that. So I must be missing something.

Was the label actually changed or is it still the same after the alert?

it was changed. it is now yellow.

And are any items still shown in the main view after selecting this rule in the sidebar?

No, it is empty. I can wait one more hour (about 30 minutes more) to see if it triggers again.

If the label was changed and the rule is currently empty, then it shouldn’t be performed anymore until new or changed items fulfill the conditions again.

It just triggered again. :frowning:

Question: I started created this rule yesterday and got it wrong. At some point I just deleted the rule and started over. Could the deleted rule still be lurking somewhere and causing the trigger?

Quit and relaunch DEVONthink and see if the behavior persists.

OK. I have done that. I will let you know.

It looks like it might have stopped. I think I am past an hour now.

Okay.
Let us know if it recurs.

My timing was impeccable. It just triggered :unamused:

1. Control-click the smart rule and export it to your desktop.
  2. Quit DEVONthink.
  3. In the Finder, select the ​Go ​menu while holding the ​Option key​, then choose ​Library​.
  4. Move the Application Support/DEVONthink 3/SmartRules.plist to your Desktop.
  5. Relaunch DEVONthink.
  6. Double-click the exported smart rule to import it.
  7. See fi the behavior recurs.

OK. I did each of those steps. The rule triggered as soon as I doubled clicked on it to import it.

And again an hour later.

You have a reminder on the file in your screen capture. What’s the alarm set on that Reminder?

The reminder is ONCE 8/11/2020 8:00 No Alarm

And is it that file that is retriggering the smart rule multiple times?

I assume so. It is the only one that i am playing with right now. I can remove the reminder if you’d like (I paid the bill this morning so I am only keeping this file around to help figure out what is going on.)