Can't open documents from search results

I’ve been getting this issue lately (probably since September or October). I haven’t reported it before because it seemed like a very noticeable one, yet I haven’t found a topic about it on the forum, so it might be something my device / OS version / DT version-specific.

I’ve recorded a video of what I get when trying to search:
dt-broken-search

Issue description:
When trying to search, I can’t open any document from the search results view. I also can’t go back from that view: there’s no navigation and a swipe from left to right doesn’t do anything. Sometimes, if I click on a result, I see an animation of a vertical bar going from the right to the left of my screen, hinting that DTTG is probably switching from its search view to a document view.

The documents in the search results are added to the “Recently viewed” list after I tap on them, so I can still use search to some extent, but it would be nice to avoid restarting the app every time I need to use it :slight_smile:

Versions:

• DTTG 2.7.6 (16388)
  • iPhone 8
  • iOS 12.2 (Build 16E227)

I anot able to reproduce this issue here.

• Does it perist after rebooting the iOS device?
  • Is it reproducible?
    • If so, can you provide steps for us to follow?

Yes, rebooting the device doesn’t help.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Open the app
  2. Scroll up to make search box visible
  3. Type anything (even 1 letter). The search box becomes invisible, as if the view was sliding up behind the screen or something similar.

I recorded a video of this, but I wasn’t able to attach it to my initial post, and a video converted to gif was too compressed, so I’ve put it to my dropbox if you’d like to have a look: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ixql14b9mt1vroi/dt-broken-search.mp4?dl=0

Hmm… I’m not seeing an issue here.

• Is this the only iOS device you have?
    • If not, is the behavior the same on both?

Unfortunately it’s the only iOS device I have at the moment. I can ask around, but I’m pretty confident it would work fine on other devices - otherwise people would’ve reported it a number of times already.

I’ll try deleting the iOS app along with its data and reinstalling it, and will get back with the results.

Reinstalled and rebooted the device, still getting this issue on an empty database. I’m out of ideas what else I can try to fix it.

In DEVONthink To Go, select Help > Contact Us to start a Support Ticket. Thanks!