Can't send mail from Apple Mail to Devonthink 3 with Plugin

I just installed Devonthink 3 (MacOS 10.14.6) and the Plugin for Apple Mail. I can choose a mail in Apple Mail and select to “Add to Devonthink Pro Office” frorm the “E-Mail” Pulldown-menu, but it doesn’t import the mail. I only get a beep (is that an error sound?) and that’s it. The protocol in DT3 is empty.

Omporting the mail via drag and drop works fine.

Welcome @hellb

Add to DEVONthink Pro Office?

Does that mean it’s only for Pro office users? I could install it as a normal Devonthink user and the manual doesn’t say Pro users only, so I thought this should work.

I do not have an option “Add to DEVONthink Pro Office” option in Apple Mail, i think it should be called “Add to DEVONthink 3”. I believe DEVONthink Pro Office is wat is was called in previous versions.

Did you check the Mail Plugins, if the plugin is installed?

Yes, the plugin is installed. I had an older version of Pro installed before, perhaps that the problem. But perhaps it’s just non possible to import mails that way with the normal version of Devonthink 3?

It should be possible, I also do this. Maybe there is an old plugin installed. I did a search on the forum and found these steps, maybe you can try them: Manually reinstall Apple Mail Plugin - HowTo? - #4 by BLUEFROG

That’s correct. Standard doesn’t support mail archiving.

Here‘s a comparison:

1 Like

So thats the answer. Thanks

1 Like