Can't use Devonthink Services in Mac Mail.app on Catalina

In case of a moved home directory Apple Mail doesn’t seem to see & use the installed plugins anymore.

Thanks. I can probably live with that, and use the Apple Scripts. Are there any other known issues of a home directory not on startup ? You don’t mention anything so I suspect that there aren’t any big issues though this sort of minor glitch may occur now and then.

R.

No other known issues so far but very few people use such a setup actually.

Thanks for your comment. “very few people use such a setup” is valuable guidance. This is a daily work machine, so I decided to move the setup back to having /home on startup disk, better to go through the change now than to have problems in the future.

BUT… I still have exactly the same issue of the option to import using the Apple Mail Add-On simply not showing up on the Message and Mailbox menus. No change to the screen-shots.

I have tried restarting and launching DT3 before Mail, and clicking on “Install” Add-Ons but it of course does nothing.

Now, I would really like to get this working both because I want to use the Add-On but also in case this is the visible symptom of something else and I really don’t want to have to mess with email at some future date in order to sort out something better resolved now. Do I need to do something like uninstall and then reinstall the Mail program? Wouldn’t surprise me as it seems really buggy and unreliable at the moment.

Thanks for any guidance.

Russell.

You could try this:

1. Delete the folder ~/Library/Mail/Bundles
  2. Ensure that DEVONthink 3 has full disk access
  3. Install the plug-in for Apple Mail via DEVONthink 3 > Install Add-Ons…
  4. Enable the plug-in in the preferences of Apple Mail

Thank you !

Deleting the DevonThink Bundle from ~/Library/Mail/Bundles and reinstalling sorted it.

[hmmm… I should have thought of deleting and reinstalling, but thanks for pointing it out, and sorry to waste your time].

Will now test importing mail using the Add-On.

Russell.